Forums » Community Watch

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

FB discussion

• 4977 posts
    November 11, 2017 9:24:04 PM PST
    On one of the LR/BV Facebook pages there is a discussion about an unsolved murder of a 12 year old boy from 1976. It is a pretty nasty discussion.
    The discussion has rattled a lot of cages. I wasn’t here back then; I don’t know anything about it. The boy’s name was Wright. Can someone tell what happened and why it has stirred up so much banter?
    • 301 posts
    November 13, 2017 8:17:04 AM PST
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/17891516 might help you at least with the background to what happened in '76 2Grands
    • 4977 posts
    November 14, 2017 8:39:49 AM PST
    Thank you; I read that and now have some kind of understanding. It seems like in the 80's there was a shootout on LaPorte Road above Brownsville. If I remember correctly (and that is subject for debate for sure), it was some type of family squabble. I remember a guy named Sonny was killed. Point of all this is I am wondering if the first and second stories are related or same families? If it was the same family then that's even more tragic.
  • TN
    • 420 posts
    November 14, 2017 9:37:11 AM PST
    I hope this does not turn into another ranting post. I requested the facebook one be deleted because it was full of slander, gossip and lies that was aimed at all our local law enforcement. Threats were getting out of hand enough the sheriff is looking into some of them. So please don't let it go that route.
    • 4977 posts
    November 14, 2017 3:59:08 PM PST
    Thanks TN - I just wanted to learn and understand. I don't know anyone involved and hadn't heard the story of the boy. I heard some rumors about the gunfight with the guy named Sonny being between Indian families and wondered if the child case was related. Maybe i shouldn't ask questions. That FB thread went south very badly and needed to be pulled.
  • TN
    • 420 posts
    November 14, 2017 4:07:12 PM PST
    No, it's fine to ask! There have been many unsolved deaths in the hills, but not from coverup. Just time and vast area makes things hard to find. The gun fight you speak of was something unrelated, but another interesting call.