Forums » Community Watch

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Spontaneous observation

• 2564 posts
    October 18, 2017 6:41:00 PM PDT

The pizza place in Loma Rica has a bulletin board for people to share their domments on the Cascade Fior.

Please drop by. While you are there, get a pizza. Good stuff. Make it a point to thank the owner for all he did to support the community.

We move out of the spontaneous observaton phaxe to the contaminated information phase.

People will now react based on what the media tells them.

For example, deep pockets PG&E is the source of all evil. Sue them for every penny.

For example tje County cancelling the permit and inspection process. We need to scrap the land use approval and inspections and fees to rebuild the houses using the same practices that contributed to loss.

For example media reports that the wind is capricious. Destroying one house and leaving the next house. Really??? What about the Fire Safe preparations at  the spared home? What abaout destruction of a home due to a neighbor failing to cut the weeds?

Rain is in the forecast. Which will destroy forensic evidence. Wind paths, hot spots, points where fire was stopped. Retardant drop paths.

Do we in California need to do the same as we did in reaction to the Oakland fires of 1923, ets.

• 2564 posts
    October 21, 2017 8:21:41 AM PDT
    DickBoyd said:

The pizza place in Loma Rica has a bulletin board for people to share their domments on the Cascade Fior.

Please drop by. While you are there, get a pizza. Good stuff. Make it a point to thank the owner for all he did to support the community.

2Grands. Don't read this.

Correction, I was in the LR pizza place Friday 10/20/17, No bulletin board to post comments on the fire.

The pizza I got is really good.

The Post Office has a bulletin board. Please post your comments.

Othewise expect the officials to tell you that you are the only one complaining. So stop whining already.

2Grands. you read it anyway, didn't you.

• 2564 posts
    October 21, 2017 12:24:26 PM PDT
    Rain Gutters:
    Do you hear a drip-drip at your rain gutters?
    That probably means you have leaves in your gutters.
    Leaves that will catch on fire from flying embers.
    What to do, what to do?
    Any suggestions?
    • 4977 posts
    October 23, 2017 1:55:14 PM PDT
    Home Depot has rain gutter covers (plastic) that are easy to install and last a long time, according to the guy that replaced my gutters some time ago. So far, so good - I did all mine for under a couple hundred dollars. Easy to cut for corners and length too.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-Home-Products-3-ft-White-Snap-In-Filter-Gutter-Guard-25-Pack-86670/202091140