Forums » Recipe Round Up

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Yuba Foothills

• 102 posts
    July 20, 2017 9:57:09 PM PDT
    What happened to this site? Is it being boycotted?
    • 54 posts
    July 21, 2017 5:08:05 PM PDT
    some people have moved to nextdoor.com and prefer it I suspect. I do
    • 342 posts
    July 23, 2017 7:59:54 AM PDT
    I assume you are talking about the entire site and not just the recipe forum? If that is the case, I think a lot of people stopped coming here after the election when the very negative posts continued. I personally am just tired of Dick Boyd cutting and pasting with never a single original thought. And as eker said, there is nextdoor.com, and each of the foothill communities also has its own facebook page. Posts on facebook are easy to edit and delete.
    • 4977 posts
    July 25, 2017 10:13:42 AM PDT
    wingnut1991 - most likely I am guilty of the negativity too as I let my emotions get the best of me. I apologize to those I've offended as my goal is discuss and learn. No excuses, I participated and have to own any mistakes I've made. I can only hope no person left the forum because of me.
    • 1526 posts
    July 27, 2017 4:24:55 PM PDT
    My 2 cents....people are just busy. Very hot weather, tumultuous politics. Myself, I'm glad the politics are divided. It's about time a revolution happened here in the USA. Too many damn freeloaders, sick of it. I predict the trump admin. will eventually turn the usa around, all for the better. BUT!!...it's a very large turnaround, it's going to get messy before it gets better. I like it when people speak their minds. The lack of interest in this site, if not the above, is too bad. Tells me some people are so damn easily offended....no spine. But that's THEIR problem. Yea, they'll cry hoping to get some sympathy, it's the same ol'. But people will come around to this site again, if they want. Nothing wrong with a strong constitution.
    • 39 posts
    July 28, 2017 7:04:35 PM PDT
    Okay folks, I am not aware of this nextdoor.com site and went to see the front page and it wants my address, name, email etc but am leery to its requests. I just have never heard of it, so if you could please respond to this post and share with me your thoughts, and opinions about it. I would greatly appreciate it. I too am tired of the politic pushing, the arguing between folks, and random thoughts with goings on in other states! I appreciate your thoughts and or opinions about nextdoor.com....thank you all
    • 342 posts
    July 29, 2017 2:18:59 AM PDT
    emerette2, I have been on the nextdoor.com site since its beginning in our area (when I first signed up, they said there weren't enough people and I'd have to wait until more in our area signed up). There were a lot of posts most recently about the fire in Bangor, and like on Yubafoothills, people ask for recommendations for service providers, post classified ads, etc. You get email notices of the posts and of the responses. There are probably many other uses for the site, but those are the ones I am most familiar with.
    • 39 posts
    August 2, 2017 10:29:50 AM PDT
    thanks wingnut1991