Forums » Community Watch

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Wall Fire.

• 1030 posts
    July 8, 2017 7:20:39 AM PDT

Has anybody noticed how this the third fire in three years in the Swedes Flat road area? Coincedence, just bad luck or local fire bug?

• 1526 posts
    July 10, 2017 10:19:42 AM PDT
    Approximately, less than 2 weeks before the wall fire, as I was going to chico, at night, I called 911 to report 3 small (just started) fires on lower honcut road. Then a larger fire right in honcut. I remember a small pickup going past me, and I am pretty sure he took the Bangor way fork at ramirez and laporte. Yes, there is a firebug , no doubt in my mind. And this happened just about 2 weeks or less than the big wall fire. I think the bug is in Bangor!
    • 1526 posts
    July 11, 2017 3:51:29 PM PDT
    The reason I believe he went the laporte/bangor fork, is that if he went right (on ramirez), It is such a dogleg right,you have to slow to 3-5mph even in my little saturn. He went past me (opposite way), at a pretty good clip, and I didn't notice any brakelights in my mirror, which at 11pm and the small amount of traffic at that time, told me he went the sight curve left to bangor/laporte. One of the 3 small fires I reported was about 20 feet off the shoulder, too far in my mind to flip a cigarette. The other 2 small fires were right next to the asphault. Then, as i approached honcut itself, there was a larger, maybe 5 acre fire. Engines were already there, but they didn't know about the 3 small, 2-3 feet dia. I called about. Natually, the small ones were extinguished quick, but it looked like someone started the larger fire in honcut, then upon proceeding to the bangor/laporte curve, they or whoever, decided to start some more. Then later,the wall fire in bangor, so to speak (5 mi north), I guess. Hope they get whoever put this blight on the people here.
    Also, with my sometimes paranoid mind, lol, i wonder if people out of work start fires, so they can fight them.
    • 362 posts
    July 11, 2017 10:09:40 PM PDT
    I will be brief. Be aware there is a fire bug. Latest Challenge, Clipper and American House for sure.
    Thank goodness for Pike County lookout and Foot Hill fire Department .