Forums » Community Watch

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Gasoline being stolen

• 8 posts
    April 4, 2017 10:18:56 AM PDT

Drone has been flying over our homes and then gas has been taken out of quads and other machines.  Be on the lookout.

This is off Fountain House Rd in Dobbins.

• 106 posts
    April 4, 2017 12:34:22 PM PDT
    Time to set up the Trail Camera's. The person with the drones should be close enough to control it. I could be wrong, but I think they have to have 'sight' on it to control it.
    • 20 posts
    April 4, 2017 2:42:23 PM PDT
    We have trail cameras on our property. They paid for themselves after catching ArborWorks coming on our property cutting down a tree. BTW, if I see the drone it'll be used as target practice.
    • 1030 posts
    April 7, 2017 7:50:25 AM PDT
    Higher end Drones do not need line of sight as they have a camera and you can use a smart phone/ Ipad to control them. A drone flying over your property is not illegal unless you can prove that it's intention is for illegal purposes (Beyond a reasonable Doubt). Shooting them down IS illegal and is covered under the FAA. You shoot one down with a firearm and you could lose your right to own a firearm. So get your slingshot and rocks ready.
    • 67 posts
    April 8, 2017 10:24:05 AM PDT
    Hitch,first thing I thought about! As to its illegal to shoot down,if theirs no evidence.......??
    • 1133 posts
    April 8, 2017 12:39:14 PM PDT
    If it's illegal you shouldn't engage in it in the first place. If there is no evidence it doesn't mean you still didn't break the law, in fact you added a second crime to it. Shooting down a drone, 2) concealing a crime.
    • 362 posts
    April 8, 2017 8:41:45 PM PDT
    New law. (Calif. Civil Code section 1708.8.)

Last time i heard beyond a reasonable doubt was only used in criminal matters not civil matters.
    • 67 posts
    April 9, 2017 12:10:07 AM PDT
    wolf, you are, of course technicality correct. But tell me that it did'nt go through your mind!
    • 1133 posts
    April 9, 2017 11:12:21 AM PDT
    It did, but when people get held accountable on those technicality by the law they tend to feel they are treated unfairly.
    • 1030 posts
    April 12, 2017 7:39:28 PM PDT
    If you get caught shooting it down it will become a criminal matter of course they have to prove that too. So you will need to take the persons phone with the video on it when he comes to get the drone. And that is how a situation starts getting worse. hahaHa!
    • 362 posts
    April 13, 2017 10:59:12 AM PDT
    Hope this helps to clarify.
    https://ontheradar.foxrothschild.com/2016/01/articles/auvsi/navigable-airspace-where-private-property-rights-end-and-navigable-airspace-begins/