Forums » Community Watch

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

• 4977 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:52:38 AM PST

CHP is working the foothills and LR Road with radar.

Be safe! 

• 362 posts
    March 9, 2017 11:44:19 AM PST
    Good for them No problem if you obey the law.
    There are a bunch of idiot drivers in the foothills and mountain areas.
    • 78 posts
    March 10, 2017 5:03:54 AM PST
    Saw CHP go by on Forbestown Rd, and chuckled all afternoon as the subsequent traffic was proceeding at a reasonable pace. Normally, the vehicles fly by here at 45-55. News must have traveled! Thank you, CHP!! You rock!!!!
    • 1526 posts
    March 12, 2017 3:35:18 PM PDT
    Idiot drivers in the foothills? Have you been in city traffic lately? They are really nuts, and very MAD they lost the election. Beware of the losers in cars, LOL.
    • 362 posts
    March 13, 2017 9:28:51 AM PDT
    You are right about the city traffic Coolbreeze and I have an opinion why so much increase in traffic.
    Undocumented drivers accounted for slightly less than half of all the new non-commercial licenses – about 1.4 million – issued by the DMV in 2015.
    The first day they were eligible I went to the Yuba City DMV and took pictures.
    The inside of the DMV was full of Hispanics and they were lined up down the block.
    I had to take photos from the street because you couldn't find a parking place within 3 blocks of the DMV office. nuff sed.
    • 2564 posts
    March 13, 2017 1:12:16 PM PDT
    What did Yogi say about the new restaurant?
    People don't go there anymore. Its too crowded.
    • 1526 posts
    March 13, 2017 6:17:46 PM PDT
    Clipper, right you are. I still remember the guy who wrote in to say he was the only one in the DMV in (fresno, I think), without a translator. Good God.
    • 3 posts
    March 14, 2017 8:11:34 AM PDT
    Thank you, 2Grands, for making us aware of this intrusion into our beloved hills. I am surprised by those of you celebrating the presence of the CHP. I view them as an annoyance and I wish they would go elsewhere, but I suppose the parasites need their cut of the money obtained by writing tickets…
    • 1526 posts
    March 14, 2017 6:03:53 PM PDT
    Mu 2 cents: The CHP have a tough job. They are the first ones on the scene of tragic and bloody accidents. I don't know how they separate their work from when they go home at night. Must be a bitch. I was an outlaw as a kid, and stupid( hot rods, fun to break the law). But I always respected the cops....they're just family men on a gruesome job, especially the CHP. True, the fines are exhorbitant. I heard the 300.00 fine her for speeding can be as high as 1000.00 in L.A. It is outrageous, but then again , the CHP is just doing their job. Got pulled over at night a couple months ago in my work car. Stick shift, no cruise control with a stick. CHP said "i can do my job and ticket you......or....you can slow the hell down".. Naturally I chose the latter. I got a break. But, they are just doing their job, and a bloody one it is. They don't set the fines. Those are the fat cats of california...the jerks, and WE elected them!
    • 67 posts
    March 17, 2017 5:23:20 PM PDT
    Coolbreeze,Just a note of correction, I never vote for those whom you are referring to,how come they keep winning?Maybe the left coast?
    • 1526 posts
    March 18, 2017 10:36:10 AM PDT
    Left definitely. They love spending our money.....or taking it from us. Arrogant, greedy, not enough names.
    • 714 posts
    March 19, 2017 9:48:53 AM PDT
    I find it sad that we so many state officers in our little area.
    I know in my neighborhood things are rather quiet. In others not so much.
    I only hope and assume that the officers working in this area are here to help and not merely seeking revenue.
    They have a tough job and I am glad to see them and always wave to show that I appreciate their efforts to keep us safe. That being said dishonorable behavior on their part should not be tolerated.
    • 1526 posts
    March 19, 2017 12:47:22 PM PDT
    Schwarzenagger (spelling, I'll just say idiot) put 476 more CHP on the bricks just before he got out as gov. He left brown with a huge advantage monetarily. CHP's make tons of moolah with the weight scales on large trucks, including garbage trucks. What was to be private scales were turned into public scales. The CHP can bring in 10 k in one mornijng at the landfills. Hence the need for "tag axles".
    But it was the "idiot" who decided to leave all of us with an extra CHP on every other corner. Great guy, huh? And WE elected the idiot. At least he won't go any further, praise God.
    • 714 posts
    March 21, 2017 7:45:48 AM PDT
    So who shows up to help when you are turned upside down in the ditch?
    Who do you call when you see a drunk or aggressive driver or someone transporting weed from their grow?
    I think the problem you have is more with the laws than with the officers.
    Are you willing to take a job to pull over unsafe driver and walk up to their door not knowing whether or not you will be shot.
    There are certainly jerks that wear the uniform, but those same jerks will show up when you call for help.
    • 4977 posts
    March 21, 2017 8:49:46 AM PDT
    Or having to go tell a family that their loved one is dead.
    • 1526 posts
    March 21, 2017 10:46:58 AM PDT
    If your response was directed at me....I don't think any CHP is a jerk. I opposed swargennneger or whatever for his lack of public interest in favor of surplusing the state with extra money. One side doesn't mean to offend the other...but....there is a limit. If you took the time or brain to read a previous post in this same forum, you'll see I have utmost respect for the CHP and their tough career. That in itself does not give some jerk governor to inflate the state with punitive attention to the public. It's compicated....maybe not for your thinking.
    • 714 posts
    March 28, 2017 2:28:36 PM PDT
    At least we get some service for our tax dollars from excess CHP officers. Unlike our bullet train.
    • 9 posts
    April 13, 2017 7:32:33 AM PDT
    Watch out for Frenchtown Rd freeway we have kids and animals we love and the traffic is freeway toooooo fast. I invite a cup to sit in front of my house anytime
    • 9 posts
    April 13, 2017 7:34:11 AM PDT
    winterwolf said:
    Watch out for Frenchtown Rd freeway we have kids and animals we love and the traffic is freeway toooooo fast. I invite a chp to sit in front of my house anytime
    • 362 posts
    April 13, 2017 10:38:36 AM PDT

Winterwolf you are correct aboutthe people violating the speed limit and putting lives at risk.

Even the US Postal Service,UPS and the SCHOOL BUS all violate the speed limit.

I havent siad anything to the proper authorities hoping they would adhere to the speed limit.

If anyone knows these people please clue them in before they become unemployed.

No one will get a ticked for going 5 miles per hr over the speed limit just people who dont give a damn.

Winterwolf next time you see a CHP ask for their cell phone number. In the meantime YUba Sutter CHP

674 5141

• 1526 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:56:50 PM PDT
    alot of deaths recently on hwy 70 from honcut to ophir rd. At least 10 in the last month and a half. I drive this route 5 times/week. Most times it happens on a pass....however, and i've mentioned to the CHP, that slow drivers are the cause, also. He agreed. 40mph on a hwy kind of forces people to pass, but.....
    • 362 posts
    May 26, 2017 9:30:38 AM PDT
    I am sure many of you have seen some strange things while driving and most drivers exceeding the speed limit.
    Yesterday was a little different.
    One of our local meth heads was driving through town at 50 miles per hour in a 35
    You say no big deal.
    I tend to agree but this one did it backing
    up
    He must of had good driving skills because didn't kill anyone YET
    • 78 posts
    June 14, 2017 6:34:45 AM PDT
    Slow and cautious drivers on rural roads are NOT the cause of fatalities. Impatient drivers who don't allow a few extra minutes, drunk drivers, drivers using recreational drugs, drivers texting and otherwise distracted are a danger. Hwy 70 is an agricultural route. Farm equipment, workers turning in and out of fields, and delivery vehicles are making sure you eat! Give them space and slow down!!!!!