Forums » Community Watch

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

High Water

• 4977 posts
    February 9, 2017 9:12:57 AM PST

Looking at the site BepreparedYuba.com, it says the Yuba River @ Marysville is above 83 feet and flood stage is 87. 

For being so close to "Flood Stage", there seems to be minimal concern. My question is if the river were to rise to Flood Stage, where would the levees by overtopped first? 

Cleanup, do you know where the area with lowest levee is located? 

I read somewhere that Bullards is releasing more water to create space so it could cut back and allow Oroville to release more once the spillway is repaired or stabilized. The Feather could (or will) come up and the Yuba go down so level downstream is maintained. It's quite a feat managing all the water theat ends up in Sacramento River, and the Sacramento has to be managed too. 

• 4977 posts
    February 9, 2017 9:50:52 AM PST
    A wise friend told me:
    Flood stage does not mean going over the levee. It means water is on the levee. today will be the highest and then we'll head into a drying period.
    As far a levee, height, I still don't know where water would actually go over first.