Forums » Local & National Politics

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

The Conservative/Republican Thinking

• 362 posts
    June 18, 2016 2:10:21 PM PDT
    dpietz said:
    “I posted this on another post, but it is relevant to both. Wesada, on the question if more people were armed at the night club would fewer people would have been killed. Yes, responsible CCW's only shoot when they can verify their target. You forgot that there was three hours for all of this carnage.” Etc, etc
    Interesting. Well I try not to ramble, however, as for “CCW's only shoot when they can verify their target”. I think you may know this very much depends on the person. All persons are not trained equally and all training is not standardized.
    http://addictinginfo.org/2015/10/26/concealed-carry-permit-holders-are-killing-people-but-not-in-self-defense/
    As for immigration, etc. Bias is bias. You will remain bias. Your limited information sources are bias. Any information the government provides is bias. Any information provided by the scientific community is bias. However, information provided certain government officials are true even though you hate all the false misinformed government officials. It doesn’t make sense. However, you are provided rights, as well as others, by the Constitution of these United States regarding your opinion(s).
    Muslims have been in North America prior to yours and mine ancestors. I, personally, was not there, nor were you. However, there are people that spent their lives in researching these facts. You are welcome to believe it or not.
    Segregation, subjugation and isolation of people have never work throughout history. That is a fact. Thus the backlash in trying to initiate it now.
    “It’s assimilation that will bring people together; embracing what they have in common, separate cultures and language is what divides.” I would beg to differ; it’s the separate cultures, languages and personalities that bring us together. Humans are unique. Not the same.
    Besides, nothing personal, I would hate to be assimilated as part of your world. I don’t mind visiting it though.
    • 4977 posts
    June 22, 2016 8:31:28 AM PDT
    For quietwolf.....
    More liberal logic in action. Keep focusing on guns. Guns are much worse than people according to the left.

Jesse Jackson's Newest Staffer.
    You can't make up stuff better than this!

Mel Reynolds
    Jesse Jackson has added former Chicago Congressman Mel Reynolds to Rainbow/PUSH Coalition's payroll...
    Reynolds was among the 176 criminals excused in President Clinton's last-minute clemency forgiveness spree.
    Reynolds received a commutation of his six-and-a-half-year federal sentence for 15 convictions of wire fraud, bank fraud, and lies to the Federal Election Commission.
    He is more notorious, however, for concurrently serving five years for sleeping with an underage campaign volunteer.

This is a first in American politics:
    An ex-congressman who had sex with a subordinate....
    Then won clemency from a president who had sex with a subordinate...
    Then was hired by a clergyman who had sex with a subordinate!
    His new job? Ready for this??
    YOUTH COUNSELOR
    IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?
    CONFIRMED BY : http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/reynolds.asp
    • 362 posts
    June 22, 2016 4:13:57 PM PDT
    I apologize Quietwolf for commenting.
    I could not believe this post. Very poor taste. And point you are trying to prove is?
    What about the victims.
    • 4977 posts
    June 22, 2016 9:19:36 PM PDT
    What's in poor taste? A guy that got caught in several crimes including election fraud, involving people campaigning right now?
    Point is political back-scratching regardless of the crime.
    Trump is the only one that can upset the status quo. Hillary will be a continuation of the status quo.
    We only have ourselves to blame for the outcome.

I'm starting to wonder if quietwolf and wesada might be the same person or very close.
    • 362 posts
    June 23, 2016 7:57:39 PM PDT
    2Grands: “Trump is the only one that can upset the status quo.” At least you have conviction. Wha
    We only have ourselves to blame for the outcome.
    Shouldn't that be you "hope" Donald Trump will follow thru.
    ““If you don't have wings, create them”
    • 4977 posts
    June 23, 2016 8:33:34 PM PDT
    The difference is Trump has succeeded and Hillary is a proven liar, proven to be very crooked, and all experts say she will be continue Obama's failed policies.

Maybe looking at the candidates and issues instead of trying to diagnose behavior of those of us trying to do our best and finding fault is in order.
    • 362 posts
    June 24, 2016 7:05:15 PM PDT
    Oh and by the way,
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/psychology-voting-brexit_us_576d636ae4b0f1683239641f?ir=WorldPost§ion=us_world&utm_hp_ref=world
    • 4977 posts
    June 24, 2016 7:16:52 PM PDT
    We all know Trump is arrogant and Hillary is crooked.

I don't see that all these discussions have caused anyone to change position. I'll take arrogance and success over illegal activities, selling uranium to our enemies, and leaving our citizens to die.

• 362 posts
    June 24, 2016 8:09:47 PM PDT
    Arrogrant? What about "Trump’s business dealings with the mob or mob-related characters are widely documented."
    There's more by the way. All politician have their problems. It's the lesser of the evil.
    • 1862 posts
    June 24, 2016 8:16:24 PM PDT
    Once you leave the womb, Conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you're just what they're looking for.

George Carlin
    • 4977 posts
    June 25, 2016 3:41:43 AM PDT
    wesada said:
    Arrogrant? What about "Trump’s business dealings with the mob or mob-related characters are widely documented." There's more by the way. All politician have their problems. It's the lesser of the evil.

When you speak of the mob and Presidents, don't forget Kennedy and Johnson. Trump isn't accused of breaking laws,  letting people die, conspiracy with national security. A career liar and dirty politician versus a successful businessman with leadership skills, who isn't beholden to the political machine. And.....so many are taking the dirt bag. 

• 4977 posts
    June 25, 2016 3:59:26 AM PDT
    quietwolf said:
    Once you leave the womb, Conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you're just what they're looking for. George Carlin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/01/31/msnbc-flap-new-evidence-on-the-political-views-of-mixed-race-adopted-and-step-families/

Your post is satirical and bulls&%#. Still unable to post your own thoughts and beliefs without name calling?

• 4977 posts
    June 25, 2016 4:01:20 AM PDT
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/01/31/msnbc-flap-new-evidence-on-the-political-views-of-mixed-race-adopted-and-step-families/
    • 4977 posts
    June 25, 2016 9:38:36 AM PDT
    Democrats to Build Security Wall Around National Convention in Philadelphia, Inside Which They Will Rail Against Building a Border Wall to Enhance National Security

http://immigrationreform.com/2016/06/20/dnc-border-fence/?platform=hootsuite

This one is even better:
    an Francisco, CA — Black Lives Matter Bay Area announced Friday that the organization will not participate in Sunday's Pride parade in San Francisco due to increased policing in the aftermath of the Orlando gay nightclub shooting.

http://patch.com/california/san-francisco/black-lives-matter-will-not-participate-sf-pride-because-increased-policing

• 362 posts
    June 25, 2016 11:43:53 AM PDT
    2Grands said:
    Interesting article, however, reading this article I found this article,
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/when-it-comes-to-trump-a-republican-treasury-secretary-says-choose-country-over-party/2016/06/24/c7bdba34-3942-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html
    I choose country first.
    • 475 posts
    June 25, 2016 2:48:14 PM PDT
    2Grands said:
    Democrats to Build Security Wall Around National Convention in Philadelphia, Inside Which They Will Rail Against Building a Border Wall to Enhance National Security http://immigrationreform.com/2016/06/20/dnc-border-fence/?platform=hootsuite This one is even better: an Francisco, CA — Black Lives Matter Bay Area announced Friday that the organization will not participate in Sunday's Pride parade in San Francisco due to increased policing in the aftermath of the Orlando gay nightclub shooting. http://patch.com/california/san-francisco/black-lives-matter-will-not-participate-sf-pride-because-increased-policing.
    LOL, I read the article from SF Patch and couldn't believe what Black-Lives- Matter said "The organization withdrew its role as grand marshal for the parade because of "unsafe conditions created for our communities by law enforcement," the group said in a statement. Makes me wonder what the heck they were planning on doing if they are afraid of too many police that will be there to EVEN protect them! Crazy world we live in these days 2Grands.
    • 362 posts
    June 25, 2016 4:08:09 PM PDT
    I read the article and understood the content of what "Black Lives Matter" is saying. There issue does not appear to be with the Gay Pride event but may be with the SFPD. SFPD have been charge with racial bias, which ultimately led to the replacement of their Chief.
    “The initial findings of the Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement note that there are a number of serious issues in the department related to everything from discipline, hiring and oversight to lack of transparency and biased policing of minority communities.”
    Maybe that was prudent to not create a volatile environment based on enhanced police involvement.
    • 1862 posts
    June 25, 2016 5:54:21 PM PDT
    TO ALL CONSERVATIVES/REPUBLICANS

YOU CAN CALL YOURSELF A CHRISTIAN TILL THE MOO COWS COME HOME,

But If You're Against,

—Helping The Poor

—Compassion And Acceptance Of All Humans

—Treating Others As You Want To Be Treated,

YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN.

Exposing Facts To The Misinformed Viewers Of Fox News

• 1862 posts
    June 25, 2016 6:12:16 PM PDT
    SOCIAL SECURITY—THE TIME I WAS ELEVEN AND REAGAN REACHED INTO MY POCKETS TO "FIX" THE ECONOMY

In April of 1981, Ronald Reagan successfully argued for a reduction in my Social Security Benefits. I was only 11 at the time. My mom had died when I was 6, and the benefits were there because of the need for kids who lose a parent to be able to have the financial safety net necessary. It was around my 11th birthday that the Reagan Administration successfully argued that Congress should cut the survivor benefits that I had been receiving since I was 6 years old.

You can’t predict when parents are going to die, so restricting the benefit only to those dependents of otherwise eligible beneficiaries would have been needlessly cruel. Reagan didn’t care about all that. He wanted to somehow convince us that the poor should get tax increases, the rich should get tax cuts, and those lazy takers and Lucky Duckies with their fancy SS money shouldn’t get so damn much.

By Otto

DAILY KOS

Reagan, along with Bush#2, Nixon, Hoover, and Harding, all Conservative/Republicans and all groveling for Worst President Ever.
    • 4977 posts
    June 25, 2016 7:07:41 PM PDT
    Complain and post all you want. Anything Trump has done or may have done is easily eclipsed by Hillary. Her dirty deals, lying, and so on are well documented.
    Go ahead, show your intelligence and support her.

Also, quietwolf, if you do some checking you'll find Republicans give more to charity than Democrats. What puppet for the party.
    • 362 posts
    June 25, 2016 8:53:19 PM PDT
    "Anything Trump has done or may have done is easily eclipsed by Hillary." A concession of the lessor of 2 evils. Hmmm.
    • 4977 posts
    June 26, 2016 1:10:46 AM PDT
    Every Presidential election has an overtone of "lesser of two evils". This isn't new or news, except for the fact Hillary has a well documented career of being evil, shady, and deceptive.
    I have to hand to the left's spin doctors: they've done well convincing some people Hillary is the solution.
    People thought Hitler was good solution too. I don't think Hillary is capable of genocide but she's capable of selling us out, deception, lies, letting Americans die. That's not what Trump is about. Trump wants everyone to have the chance to be better, have a strong country, and opportunity. Hillary and left want government to fill that role (dependency) instead self reliance. If you aren't self reliant you end up a slave to the government's whim.
    • 4977 posts
    June 26, 2016 1:11:49 AM PDT
    I wish we had an edit button!
    • 362 posts
    June 26, 2016 7:55:39 AM PDT
    Exactly. Trump wants. That is all I have been heraring, is what Trumps wants. Trump wants to be rich. Period. If he can get richer through the help of the American people than so be it. Trump wants him name on any and everything. Trump highway, Trump monument. Yes, other presidents have their name on things. However it’s usually after they are an ex-president or dead.
    This whole concept of great businessmen is ridiculous. The bankruptcy of his businesses is an issue. A Trump business bankrupt and he washes his hand. Not his fault. Trump did nothing wrong. I recalled reading that Donald Trump did not personally undergo bankruptcy. Well he led his companies into bankruptcy. The whole New York “Teflon Don” thing does not resonate.
    As your “bitterness” for Hillary lingers, my “bitterness” for Trump grows.
    As good of a day that you will have, so will I.
    • 1862 posts
    June 26, 2016 4:46:51 PM PDT
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And Stupid. We have to be scared shitless of stupid.

John Hartzell via I Love It When I Wake Up In The Morning And Barack Obama Is President

• 1862 posts
    July 13, 2016 11:20:29 AM PDT
    Oh, and 2Grunts & a Loud Fart, yes, I'm at it again, bothering Right Wingnuts with The Truth. How dare I.
    • 4977 posts
    July 13, 2016 3:14:39 PM PDT
    Lil bow wow is back and trying to be relevant. Too funny.
    You might want to review the news as Hillary continues to slide and Trump continues to gain. The funny thing is Trump hasn't really done anything to cause Hillary's slide. The problem is people seeing that the Democrats are putting up a recognized and acknowledge liar, divisive and greasy by every measure. All incumbents better be aware as it seems America is getting their fill of politicians creating division, lying to us, and taking more money from us to fund things like illegals.
    It does no good to try and reason with people like quietwolf. Truth is not important; doing the right thing is not important; tearing down the opposing party to make one's own party look good is all that matters.
    Very entertaining to watch position justification.
    • 4977 posts
    July 13, 2016 3:15:37 PM PDT
    BTW - the poll numbers I saw were on television this morning on Good Morning America CBS affiliate.
    • 1862 posts
    July 14, 2016 12:20:55 PM PDT
    Let's establish a code of conduct for Supreme Court justices. If you criticize politicians, as Ginsburg did, that is unacceptable. But if you insult blacks, women and gays, as Scalia did, that's totally cool.

ANDY BOROWITZ
    • 1862 posts
    July 15, 2016 1:48:05 PM PDT
    A bunch of white men have come up with some great ways to solve institutional racism, and all without having to listen to even one black person. GREAT JOB, GUYS!

TEA PARTY CAT
    • 4977 posts
    July 15, 2016 9:43:52 PM PDT
    Guess you've forgotten about all the white men and women that died championing the rights of blacks.
    Again, a hate filled childish rant.
    • 362 posts
    July 17, 2016 9:24:44 AM PDT
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them”
    • 1133 posts
    July 17, 2016 11:58:29 AM PDT
    loraine said:
    LOL, I read the article from SF Patch and couldn't believe what Black-Lives- Matter said "The organization withdrew its role as grand marshal for the parade because of "unsafe conditions created for our communities by law enforcement," the group said in a statement. Makes me wonder what the heck they were planning on doing if they are afraid of too many police that will be there to EVEN protect them! Crazy world we live in these days 2Grands.

Had you paid attention in school to WW II and Civil Rights history you would understand how silly your statement sounds.  It's like the German citizenry telling the jew they have nothing to worry about being shipped to the "new resort" when every jew knew exactly what that meant.

• 1862 posts
    July 17, 2016 8:53:32 PM PDT
    To all you Right Wingnuts here:

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

I WILL DEFEND MY COUNTRY FROM ALL ENEMIES, BOTH FOREIGN AND REPUBLICAN

TEANDERTHAL PARTY
    • 4977 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:35:46 AM PDT
    Quitewolf - tell me why Hilary is a good choice for America without taking about Trump or the GOP.
    • 1862 posts
    July 18, 2016 6:08:04 AM PDT
    The Joke that is the Conservative/Republican/madhatter Party National Party"Convention" begins today. Yuk-Yuk-Yuk.
    • 4977 posts
    July 18, 2016 9:37:20 AM PDT
    You've just proven again that you are irrelevant and have nothing to offer to an intelligent conversation.
    • 1862 posts
    July 18, 2016 6:24:37 PM PDT
    The RNC: A Hate Fest for gullible, brainwashed losers in society.

USA! USA! USA! translated from Republicanese: Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!

You Reich Wingnuts are fooling no one in the world but your sorry selves.
    • 1862 posts
    July 19, 2016 3:57:44 PM PDT
    Apparently the strategy of featuring Rudy Giuliani at the RNC is to make Donald Trump seem mentally well.

ANDY BOROWITZ
    • 1862 posts
    July 19, 2016 4:03:56 PM PDT
    Wish there was a way for people who vote Conservative/Republican/madhatter to live under the GOP policies and the rest of us to prosper while living humanely and peacefully.
    • 1862 posts
    July 21, 2016 11:53:34 AM PDT
    When faced with FACTS AND THE TRUTH, Like Trump, all Conservatives/Republican/madhatter Reich Wingnuts have to offer is foul-mouthed personal attacks, hate, lies, insults and the inability to ever shut their BIG CONSERAVTIVE CRAWS
    • 1862 posts
    July 21, 2016 2:12:17 PM PDT

The "family values" Party's (GOP) voter base:

A Trump Delegate Just Got Booted From The RNC For This RACIST Facebook Post

Lori Gayne, an Illinois Republican, has had her credentials as a delegate to the Republican National Convention (RNC) stripped for an abhorrently racist Facebook post.

While in Cleveland for the RNC, Gayne uploaded a photo of law enforcement officers standing on the roof of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum to Facebook, captioned:

“Our brave snipers just waiting for some N—- to try something. Love them”

Gayne’s post displays impatient excitement, an expectation that black protestors will do something inflammatory, and a conviction that the police will respond with bullets. She seems to delight in the thought of black Americans being gunned down. Gayne’s disgusting caption represents a broader racist point of view. It assumes that black Americans are always ‘up to no good.’ She thinks of them as just ‘nigg*rs who are always trying things.’ She dehumanizes black Americans, strips their personalities, and only sees them as the people constantly ‘asking for it’; that is, constantly asking to get shot by the police, and deserving to be shot when they are.

OCCUPY DEMOCRATS

The horrible thing about this story is that Za' Fuerher German Orange Trump would agree with her. The Racist Trump is disconnected from the rest of the GOP, a Party he has hijacked, like the criminal he is.

• 96 posts
    July 22, 2016 1:39:33 PM PDT
    quietwolf said:
    Wish there was a way for people who vote Conservative/Republican/madhatter to live under the GOP policies and the rest of us to prosper while living humanely and peacefully.

Almost got it...I too would love to try this out. I don't believe the liberals would "prosper" without the GOPs tax money. It would be amusing to see if you could take all of Hollywoods money, maybe get Clooney living in a cardboard box. Haaahaa!  

• 1862 posts
    July 22, 2016 2:49:45 PM PDT
    THE REPUBLICAN PLAN FOR JOBS:

Don't squint. It ain't there.
    • 1862 posts
    July 25, 2016 1:23:56 PM PDT
    ONLY IN AMERICA CAN YOU FIND SO MANY ANGRY CONSERVATIVES CLAIMING TO LOVE THEIR COUNTRY, WHILE HATING ALMOST EVERYONE IN IT.

LIBERAL DRAGON

&

TEANDERTHAL PARTY
    • 4977 posts
    July 25, 2016 1:42:41 PM PDT
    Angry conservatives? No, it's the liberals that are hate, blocking roads, causing trouble, even going after their own party candidates.
    Come here as many as you want, just do it legally. Yeah, that's hate filled.
    Have strong borders, strong military, and job. opportunities

Don't be such an idiot.
    • 4977 posts
    July 25, 2016 1:45:12 PM PDT
    But then again, quietwolf, you have a predictable pattern just like Hillary.
    • 4977 posts
    July 25, 2016 1:45:12 PM PDT
    But then again, quietwolf, you have a predictable pattern just like Hillary.
    • 362 posts
    July 25, 2016 9:41:43 PM PDT
    Was Jesus a Liberal or a Conservative?

Interesting concept?
    • 631 posts
    July 26, 2016 7:27:50 AM PDT
    Good question, don't know the answer to that, but I do know that he wasn't a Democrat, because he believed you are supposed to work for your bread.