Forums » Local & National Politics

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Levee Protection

• 6429 posts
    November 29, 2015 3:52:41 PM PST

The flood from the Gold Fields was not caused by levee failure, but by Manmade cause. A Dozer was used to remove rock formations so more gold could be mined. The flood from the Yuba River in 1986 was caused by locating the levee in the wrong place and later with two chances to move it, the county failed to. The flood from the Feather River at anderson avenue was caused by the State digging a mitigation pond for ducks and other wildlife close to a well known weak spot in the levee, where high water historically flowed under the levee and to the land side.

The Yuba River levee can be set forward towards the River and be good for another hundred years but the County continues to create housing instead of leaving the land alone. This is not progress, this is greed.

• 4977 posts
    November 29, 2015 5:12:56 PM PST
    Is it greed? I don't think so. I don't think it is given that much consideration.
    I think it is people weighing the cost versus benefit and making a decision about the course of action. (Right or wrong.)
    A new levee would be great - I agree with you. The question is who is going pay for it.

Eventually we'll have another flood. Who will we blame when it happens?
    • 1526 posts
    November 29, 2015 6:03:19 PM PST
    Grands, just being silly, but WE pay for it.....we pay for EVERYTHING.
    • 6429 posts
    November 29, 2015 6:17:16 PM PST
    The original plan was to upgrade the YUba River South bank levee and they had developers funding that plan in return for the right to develope propertys.

However after starting the upgrade they ran into the boulders while digging the ditch for slurry wall, could not dig through the Rocks. The second part of the Yuba River levee upgrade was to construct Boulders just under the highway 70 bridge, construct Cobble stones along the water side for 400 feet to stop windwash and high water flows from eroding out the levee, and to flatten out the levee sides to a 3x1 slope, again to address erosion. However, since they could not dig through the boulders, they did not do any of the upgrades the developers paid for and after the developers found out that, they pulled out.

So, they had many many millions to move the levee off the old river beds they chose to add on to the work by moving to the Bear River , then returning to the Yuba River levee and began work from the Union Pacific RailRoad east to the Simpson Lane Road Levee area.

They constructed seepage berms on the land side , a partial slurry wall. from 2004 through 2009 when they finally in 2009 flattened the waterside of the levee.

They left the work under the highway 70 bridge , the work along the waterside east of the highway , undone and to this day, it is still undone.

Who will we blame? I would start with The Board of Supervisors in 2003, the County Administrator, the people who originated TRLIA in 2004, and the engineers who still to this day say the Yuba River South bank levee is certified, even though there is not now and never was a foundation under that levee to certify as strong enough to keep the levee stable. That was proven by expert engineer witnesses in the Paterno Law suit.
    • 4977 posts
    November 29, 2015 6:26:02 PM PST
    Cleanup:
    I appreciate your explanation and recap of levee work.
    We're still back to square one. Since the levee is certified, it will take an expert of some sort to claim the levee is unsafe before anything new will happen. We can discuss and post here until the cows come home, just like before on this forum, and nothing will happen. The foothills won't flood so there is even less concern here than in the valley.
    As far as the Paterno suit: expert testimony in the Paterno suit hasn't affected any action to date other than possibly what has already been done. This issue is still back at square one.
    • 362 posts
    November 29, 2015 8:22:07 PM PST
    I sure learned a lot from you members on this issue. Thanks a lot.
    However you may be overlooking one important thing. The Elderberry Beetle Kiernan Suckling and The Center For Biological Diversity in my opinion the most radical corrupt environmental organization in the U.S.
    • 6429 posts
    November 29, 2015 10:32:47 PM PST
    2grands, back when the three amigos were trying to force development on the foothills some of us valley people stood with the hills to stop unwanted development , that is why i post here.

• 4977 posts
    November 30, 2015 3:07:44 AM PST
    I understand that point.
    There is nothing to stand behind. It will take some type of expert or authority to come out and publicly state the levee is unsafe and the work done to date is unsatisfactory. Until that happens or the breech area fails again, nothing will change.
    • 6429 posts
    November 30, 2015 9:34:50 AM PST
    FEMA’s Role in Levees

"FEMA does not own, operate, maintain, inspect, or certify
    levees. FEMA’s role is limited to identifying and mapping the
    level of flood risk associated with levees and only accredits
    them where data showing compliance with 44 CFR 65.10 is
    provided by the community, levee owner, or other interested
    parties. FEMA has a responsibility to the public to identify the
    risks associated with levees that are either not certified or no
    longer compliant with 44 CFR 65.10. Areas behind non-
    accredited levees will be shown on FIRMs as a high-risk
    floodplain. "

The USAcorps of Engineers is the proper means of Certification of levees. However, a local Professional engineer can also certify a levee.
    In 2007, a Corp of engineers engineer, Robert Trainer PE , certified the Yuba River South bank levee as meeting 44 CFR 65.10 requirements but it was shown he certified it under the State flood control agency, not 44 CFR 65.10 and the Corps recalled the certification. TRLIA still lists the false certification on their web sites, certification, even though it has no authority. YUba County finding they could get the Corps to certify a defective levee as good, resorted to paying a engineer MBK engineering to "certify" the defective levee as 100 year level .

Who will pay when the levee breaks again? MBK engineering, the state of California who owns the levees and FEMA who certified it, in my opinion.
    • 6429 posts
    November 30, 2015 9:40:18 AM PST
    " YUba County finding they could get the Corps to certify a defective levee as good,"

Should read " Yuba County finding they could NOT get the corps to certify the levee as good, "
    • 4977 posts
    November 30, 2015 5:03:42 PM PST
    Ok, so now what? You've presented a lot of stuff that you feel supports your claims. Fair enough.
    I don't think I am asking you the questions properly.
    The levee is still certified. Hurdle #1.

You have to get the levee's official certification revoked. Hurdle #2.

Once that is done, then the process to re-certify can start.
    It will take an expert, authority, or some legal entity willing to get involved and determine if the levee is safe or needs reconstruction. Hurdle #3.

I think once the determination is made that the levee needs work (or doesn't), things will fall into place as far as further repairs.

If - big if - the levee needs work, it won't happen for at least a few more years if not longer.

If there were a local resident that could do this it would have already happened.
    What is your process or plan to make any of this move forward? How do you plan to take all the complaining and information sharing on this forum into action?
    • 6429 posts
    November 30, 2015 7:59:25 PM PST
    Thank you for your information, stay safe.
    • 4977 posts
    November 30, 2015 10:49:28 PM PST
    Does this mean there is no plan to actually make something happen or challenge the levee certification?
    • 362 posts
    December 2, 2015 12:50:44 PM PST
    Bet you The Center For Biological Diversity will file a lawsuit to stop any levee work.
    • 6429 posts
    December 8, 2015 3:56:41 PM PST
    2Grands asks:

"Eventually we'll have another flood. Who will we blame when it happens? "

The answer is Yuba County and MBK Engineers possibly. The original owners were the state of California who has paid the lawsuits from 1986 and 1997 but now the State after getting the Yuba County supervisors to accept responsibility, feel they are out of the paying business for failed levees. so who does that leave, since the Corps of engineers will not certify and FEMA also shys away?

Fema accredates levees only, meaning they see a certification from the entity who owns the levees , or a federal agency such as the Corps of Engineers.

When push comes to shove the battle will be between the State of California who have owned the levees since 1930, the Yuba County board of supervisors, who on their own accepted responsibility of levee failure, TRLIA , the Yuba County Water agency, or the state.

The FEMA revue of levees will be for the sole purpose of establishing appropriate risk zone determinations for NFIP maps and shall not constitute a determination by FEMA as to how a structure or levee system will perform in a flood.

For levees to be recognized by FEMA, evidence that adequate design and operation and maintenance systems are in place to provide reasonable assurance that protection from the base flood exists must be provided . ( Taken from FEMA mapping ) .

The YUba River south bank levee was not designed to any special requirements when built because there were none, the Farmers near the Yuba River began hauling river tailings from the gold mining up river and as the water grew higher, the farmers raised the mound. Then in 1930 the county took over the levee without upgrading , they added the existing mounds into their levee system, as proven by the Paterno law suit of 1986.

That is why the Corps of Engineers will not Certify the levees and the people of yuba county were not given a chance to vote to take on a resposibility thet can not pay for. In 1993, the RD784 agency refused to accept the levees from the state that the county supervisors accepted.
    • 6429 posts
    December 8, 2015 4:57:21 PM PST
    FEMA’s Role
    FEMA does not own, operate, maintain, inspect, or certify
    levees. FEMA’s role is
    limited to
    identifying and mapping the
    level of flood risk associated with
    levees and
    only accredits
    them
    where data showing compliance with 44 CFR 65.10
    is
    provided by the co
    mmunity
    , levee owner,
    or other interested
    parties. FEMA has a responsibility to the public to identify the
    risks associated with levee
    s
    that are
    either not certified or
    no
    longer compliant
    with 44 CFR 65.10
    Areas behind non
    -
    accredited levees will be shown
    on FIRMs as a high
    -
    risk
    floodplain
    • 4977 posts
    December 8, 2015 7:41:00 PM PST
    But....I can see the arguments:
    The County (and TRLIA) has their certification;
    The levee didn't fail in the last high water event, I think it was posted that experts said "it performed as expected";
    even more work has been done all around the '86 breech area;
    there is a new set back levee to relieve pressure all the way to Star Bend.
    Those are facts. You and I can't help that.

Until an expert, authority, or legal entity either challenges or proves the levee at the '86 breech site is defective this discussion is an exercise in futility. Everyone else has moved on (or passed) in the almost 30 years since the breech because there is no proof that levee is inferior. It will take some type of authority to challenge the levee condition and certification.

What are you doing to make this happen? Posting here does nothing.
    • 6429 posts
    December 8, 2015 8:21:54 PM PST
    "The County (and TRLIA) has their certification;" They have a certification from Ric Rinehardt, their engineer.

The levee didn't fail in the last high water event, I think it was posted that experts said "it performed as expected"; The last high water in 2006 was barely out of the river banks, but as we know the type of water that breaks levees is up near the top of the levee, Remember?

2grands, the time is coming when you will see the" Experts"are no better in fact not as good as an experianced levee manager, in my opinion.

"even more work has been done all around the '86 breech area; TRLIA has done no work on the waterside of the levee, they put a sand berm on the land side to intercept leeking water, they planned on placing a slurry wall in the levee from the Highway 70 bridge to the union pacific railroad tracks ( behind wal-mart) but got stopped near the break site. They also flattened the waterside of the levee ( except for the break site) which they cardoned off .

"there is a new set back levee to relieve pressure all the way to Star Bend."

There are people who know the extra room will be taken up by increased flood water filling the same area as before.

• 4977 posts
    December 8, 2015 9:26:56 PM PST
    Those are fine opinions, cleanup. You're definitely entitled to your opinion.
    The question I can't get you to answer is "what are you doing to make something happen to change things"?

You and I both can shout at the top of our lungs and it will do no good. I can't change that and neither can you. It will take an authority or expert and a legal challenge. In the past, you claimed "those that need to know, do, and are acting accordingly".
    Here we are now at 30 years out, pushing several years since you were involved with RD 784, and still no action.
    There isn't enough doubt to create a public outcry. Frankly, there aren't enough people that share your opinion. In other words, there is not enough public interest to make anything happen. If it were to fail at the same spot again, certainly. If it fails somewhere else, the "experts" can say I told you it was repaired.

So, again: What are you doing to challenge the levee's certification as safe?
    • 4977 posts
    December 10, 2015 11:31:53 AM PST
    It appears we're back to square one, cleanup.
    Nothing will change without a legal challenge.
    Even another flood might not make things change unless the levee would fail in the exact same spot as '86. If it holds, the claim will once again be "performed as expected".

A lot of years and energy on this topic. No closer to anything happening.
    • 1140 posts
    December 16, 2015 12:43:26 PM PST
    Well, well, well...,...........

Cleanup is back posting his b.s. again huh?

I couldn't help but be reminded of your wild claims, etc when I saw this in the news.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/16/us/baltimore-police-trial-freddie-gray/index.html

Again despite your claims where your trial is concerned the judge was within her rights to declare a mistrial when the jury stated they were deadlocked.

By the way Colonel Ronald Light retired a couple years ago after a long and honorable career.

Do you need a wheelbarrow cleanup?
    • 2564 posts
    December 16, 2015 2:29:26 PM PST
    OldSarge said:
    Well, well, well...,...........

WELL?? That's a deep subject. Best not to go into it right now.

• 2564 posts
    December 16, 2015 2:43:49 PM PST
    Hung jury? My opinion? There should be no such thing as a "hung jury". The prosecuting attorney as well as the judge are on trial just as much as the accused is on trial. The judge and prosecutor should not get a "do over" just because the jurors cannot come to agreement. If the jury decision requires unanimous agreement and the jurors do not come to unanimous agreement, then the prosecutor did not do a good job of selecting jurors. The prosecutor did not do a good job of presenting evidence. Evidence, not emotion. The judge did not instruct the jury correctly regarding agreement. So if the prosecutor and the judge mess up, why should they get a second chance? This is related to nullification. I believe in jury nullification. As such, I most likely will never get selected to sit on a jury in California.
    • 1140 posts
    December 16, 2015 8:58:03 PM PST
    Interesting stance dickboyd.

So in the cas of the trial in Baltimore you feel the police officer should be acquitted.

The issue with both your interpretation and that of cleanup is that our legal system is based on English Common Law and legal precedence going back over 200 years.

If it were up to you there would be a lot of criminals walking the streets.
    • 2564 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:34:47 AM PST
    OldSarge said:
    ... If it were up to you there would be a lot of criminals walking the streets.

But there would not be as many innocent people behind bars or in a grave.

• 2564 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:52:40 AM PST
    OldSarge said:
    Interesting stance dickboyd. So in the cas of the trial in Baltimore you feel the police officer should be acquitted. ...
    Yes, acquited of the charges as presented by the prosecutor. Were the officers quilty of somenting? Yes. What were they guilty of? Stupidity? Fear? Following orders? Should the charges have been brought in a civil court? Should the charge have been wrongful death?
    What is the intent of the court? To punish? Or to take action to make sure the event does not happen again? Both to punish and to prevent? Seems to me that courts are determined to punish and have little interest in action to prevent future events of a like nature.
    Is punishment or threat of punishment a deterent for the people of Baltimore? Detering the citizens from committing crimes that result in arrest? Detering the police from wrongful death of prisoners? Is there a more effective deterent to preventing death in police custody?
    Speaking from my experience on military courts and on tour as Shore Patrol (military police)
    • 6429 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:40:27 AM PST
    As was held in people V. Webb ( 1869) 38 cal. 467,479,-480, " A person once placed upon his trial before a competent court and jury, charged with his case upon a valid indictment ( or information or complaint) is in jeopardy, in the sense of the constitution, unless such jury is discharged without rendering a verdict, from a legal necessity , or for cause bryond control the control of the court, such as death ,sickness or insanity of some one ofthe jury, the prisoner or the court,or by consent of the prisoner , and if such jury render a verdict or be discharged before a verdict , without such legal necessity, controlling causeor consent, the prisoner is forever protected from a re-trial upon the same or any other indictment for the same offense, unless at his instance, the verdict be set aside or judgement be reversed .

Under the rule of law, the prosecuter must prove his case beyond a reasonable doubt as the defendent is presumed innocent.

In Baltimore in the case brought by sarge the jury was discharged without a verdict being given and without a legal necessity being present and if court orders a re-trial, when a jury is sworn in, the defendant is placed in Double jeopardy.
    • 6429 posts
    December 17, 2015 7:29:27 PM PST
    I agree with Dick Boyd, since a jury saw all evidence the Prosecutor brought before them and decided they could not believe the evidence under our rule of law, given the defendant was innocent until proven guilty, the fedendant should have been acquited.

If the court causes a RE-TRIAL, they place the defendant in Jeopardy again, which occurs when the re-trial jury is sworn in.

These cases of re-trial without a legal necessaty such as a death, insanity, major sickness of the Judge, Jury or other player, the court is violating the peoples bill of rights.

• 2564 posts
    December 18, 2015 10:52:06 AM PST
    Meanwhile, in Chicago:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/us/chicago-pays-millions-but-punishes-few-in-police-killings.html?emc=edit_th_20151218&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=66809837&_r=0
    The citizens of Chicago pay wrongful death claims, but fail to review police tactics. Eventually, the citizens will get tired of paying taxes to pay for wrongful death. Citizens will tire of paying to punish law enforcement that is doing what they, law enforcement think citizens want. Eventually, citizens will take appropriate action to get a police force that polices. In the meantime, slaughter continues as usual.
    California? Lock 'em up and throw away the key. Who is "'em"? Don't care, lock 'em up.
    • 4977 posts
    December 18, 2015 11:01:22 AM PST
    Is this thread about levees or trials?
    Dick Boyd: If it is now about trials, the system in place works pretty well. The problem in Chicago is the leadership and taxpayer-funded District Attorney's Office.
    Crimes and corruption would be addressed if the leadership wasn't corrupt. Remember on particular legal persuasion has been in power for a very long time. Like Baltimore. Like Detroit. Like New Orleans.

Cleanup:
    You trial was not as simple as you try to present here and you're still convinced your were railroaded. We've already hashed that out for too long. The legal system actually kept your butt out of prison. You may still face civil charges when those girls turn 18.

I wonder if the levee issue is just a smokescreen to to try and get back at Yuba County for all the legal hassles and a lost election.
    • 6429 posts
    December 18, 2015 2:47:20 PM PST
    2 Grands, it is about levees but you and sarge continue to take it off Topic.

TRLIA started in 2004, saying they would complete the levee works by 2008, here it is 2016 almost and still they have not done diddly squat work on the Water side of the levee where it broke in 1986. You have said on the is thread TRLIA has done Lots of work around there , sure around there they have, put in a one half slurry wall after trying to construct from the Highway 70 bridge to the Union Pacific rail road tracks but after running into a rock formation , they had to quit, leaving a half done project to this day.

Then after i brought their attention to a Sand berm that needed to built on the east side of the UPRR Tracks, reaching up the sidewall, TRLIA constructed the ground area only, again leaving a project one half done.

TRLIA finally straighend the side wall of teh water side to a 3 x 1 slope, except for the break site where they blocked off the boulder area, not permitting the contractors to go near the area.

Then, TRLIA while knowing there is a slump in the top and side of the Area that broke which is a precurser to a levee failure, failed to remove the boulders and construct a permanent levee, TRLIA poured gravel into the slump to make the levee even.

TRLIA used a SMOKE SCREEN of constructing set back levees at the Bear River and Feather River and now, the gold fields to get peoples minds off of the real danger, The Yuba River South bank which when it breaks again at the same spot due to non work by TRLIA, will flow south through Linda, Arboga, all the new developments and into Plumas Lake where it will sit for two to three weeks, seventeen feet deep, as it did in 1987.
    • 6429 posts
    December 18, 2015 2:51:06 PM PST
    Correction 1986.
    • 4977 posts
    December 18, 2015 4:06:43 PM PST
    cleanup said:
    2 Grands, it is about levees but you and sarge continue to take it off Topic.
    No, I am not the one that started talking about trials. Get your facts straight. I asked about you getting an expert or legal entity to back up you and have done so for many years. Requests for outside verification bring your wrath - but still no verification. Being a bully doesn't mean your opinion is suddenly correct. 
    TRLIA started in 2004, saying they would complete the levee works by 2008, here it is 2016 almost and still they have not done diddly squat work on the Water side of the levee where it broke in 1986. You have said on the is thread TRLIA has done Lots of work around there , sure around there they have, put in a one half slurry wall after trying to construct from the Highway 70 bridge to the Union Pacific rail road tracks but after running into a rock formation , they had to quit, leaving a half done project to this day. Then after i brought their attention to a Sand berm that needed to built on the east side of the UPRR Tracks, reaching up the sidewall, TRLIA constructed the ground area only, again leaving a project one half done. TRLIA finally straighend the side wall of teh water side to a 3 x 1 slope, except for the break site where they blocked off the boulder area, not permitting the contractors to go near the area. Then, TRLIA while knowing there is a slump in the top and side of the Area that broke which is a precurser to a levee failure, failed to remove the boulders and construct a permanent levee, TRLIA poured gravel into the slump to make the levee even. TRLIA used a SMOKE SCREEN of constructing set back levees at the Bear River and Feather River and now, the gold fields to get peoples minds off of the real danger, The Yuba River South bank which when it breaks again at the same spot due to non work by TRLIA, will flow south through Linda, Arboga, all the new developments and into Plumas Lake where it will sit for two to three weeks, seventeen feet deep, as it did in 1987.
    If the levee breaks in the same location it will definitely flow to Plumas Lake. Everyone and their mother agrees with you. 
    You make claims about the levee but you absolutely do nothing more than complain. Ther is no action and there is no outside verification of your claims, nothing from any expert to show that the levee is not repaired correctly or is in danger of failing. You refuse to get an outside expert due to one reason - no one supports you. 
    If the levee does not fails then you can run around and say you were right. You must not be too worried about it as you still live in Olivehurst - unless yu want it to flood and cash in on the Yuba County taxpayers who are no responsible for the levee. There is no need to fight. Get an expert to come out and publicly show the levee is prone to failure due to improper repairs and it might make something happen. 
    It is odd that you claim no proof was shown in your trial but you makes claims about others with no proof. It is a double standard that you propagate but refuse to address. Here come that hatred again. Keep entertaining us buddy.  
    • 6429 posts
    December 18, 2015 4:14:32 PM PST
    TRLIA started in 2004, saying they would complete the levee works by 2008, here it is 2016 almost and still they have not done diddly squat work on the Water side of the levee where it broke in 1986. You have said on the is thread TRLIA has done Lots of work around there , sure around there they have, put in a one half slurry wall after trying to construct from the Highway 70 bridge to the Union Pacific rail road tracks but after running into a rock formation , they had to quit, leaving a half done project to this day. Then after i brought their attention to a Sand berm that needed to built on the east side of the UPRR Tracks, reaching up the sidewall, TRLIA constructed the ground area only, again leaving a project one half done. TRLIA finally straighend the side wall of the water side to a 3 x 1 slope, except for the break site where they blocked off the boulder area, not permitting the contractors to go near the area. Then, TRLIA while knowing there is a slump in the top and side of the Area that broke which is a precursor to a levee failure, failed to remove the boulders and construct a permanent levee, TRLIA poured gravel into the slump to make the levee even. TRLIA used a SMOKE SCREEN of constructing set back levees at the Bear River and Feather River and now, the gold fields to get peoples minds off of the real danger, The Yuba River South bank which when it breaks again at the same spot due to non work by TRLIA, will flow south through Linda, Arboga, all the new developments and into Plumas Lake where it will sit for two to three weeks, seventeen feet deep, as it did in 1986.
    • 4977 posts
    December 18, 2015 4:42:28 PM PST
    This is not expert documentation that will cause a call to action. This is a complaint from someone with a a history of opposition and legal hassles with leadership within Yuba County, the local legal system, and TRLIA - among other agencies.
    Get an expert to verifies your claims or you're just blowin' wind.
    • 6429 posts
    December 18, 2015 5:27:40 PM PST
    Oh, I forgot, TRLIA also failed to do a project near the Highway 70 bridge placing cobble stones along the waterside of the YUba as Marysville did on their side, also TRLIA failed to place boulders along the levee under the bridge to protect against erosion in addition to these below , when you add all of them together, you might think someone wants the levee to fail again.

TRLIA started in 2004, saying they would complete the levee works by 2008, here it is 2016 almost and still they have not done diddly squat work on the Water side of the levee where it broke in 1986. You have said on the is thread TRLIA has done Lots of work around there , sure around there they have, put in a one half slurry wall after trying to construct from the Highway 70 bridge to the Union Pacific rail road tracks but after running into a rock formation , they had to quit, leaving a half done project to this day. Then after i brought their attention to a Sand berm that needed to built on the east side of the UPRR Tracks, reaching up the sidewall, TRLIA constructed the ground area only, again leaving a project one half done. TRLIA finally straighend the side wall of the water side to a 3 x 1 slope, except for the break site where they blocked off the boulder area, not permitting the contractors to go near the area. Then, TRLIA while knowing there is a slump in the top and side of the Area that broke which is a precursor to a levee failure, failed to remove the boulders and construct a permanent levee, TRLIA poured gravel into the slump to make the levee even. TRLIA used a SMOKE SCREEN of constructing set back levees at the Bear River and Feather River and now, the gold fields to get peoples minds off of the real danger, The Yuba River South bank which when it breaks again at the same spot due to non work by TRLIA, will flow south through Linda, Arboga, all the new developments and into Plumas Lake where it will sit for two to three weeks, seventeen feet deep, as it did in 1986.
    • 6429 posts
    December 18, 2015 5:38:30 PM PST
    "This is not expert documentation that will cause a call to action. "

Seven major needs of levee work, some half done some not done, these are what you call experts?
    • 4977 posts
    December 18, 2015 8:41:24 PM PST
    You are not an expert nor civil engineer no are you respected enough to bring about a "call to action".
    It will take a certified expert or entity to publicly claim the levee is hazardous.

If your level of knowledge and expertise could bring about action it would have happened in the last almost 30 years.

Public officials state we have the best levee system in the nation. I love how you think you carry enough weight to force action. The public doesn't view you in this light.
    I sense an attack coming on.......

It appears you don't have enough weight to make anything happen. You're yesterday's headlines cleanup. Even if you're right in your claims --- you just don't have the credibility to get anything done.
    • 6429 posts
    December 18, 2015 8:48:37 PM PST
    Seven major needs of levee work, some half done some not done, these are what you call experts?
    • 4977 posts
    December 18, 2015 9:23:16 PM PST
    Cleanup - you don't have the expertise or credibility to even challenge the levee certifications. This is why no one listens to you.
    When the rubber meets the road and you're asked to get authoritative proof, you're a flat tire.

And....you get mad at people like me for your lack of credibility. Very entertaining.
    • 6429 posts
    December 18, 2015 11:26:15 PM PST
    • 4977 posts
    December 19, 2015 6:08:40 AM PST
    Cleanup - you don't have the expertise or credibility to even challenge the levee certifications. This is why no one listens to you.
    When the rubber meets the road and you're asked to get authoritative proof, you're a flat tire.

And....you get mad at people like me for your lack of credibility. Very entertaining.
    • 6429 posts
    December 19, 2015 10:59:05 AM PST
    • 1140 posts
    December 19, 2015 11:08:14 AM PST
    Hey 2grands do you know how a person knows they are annoying cleanup? When he starts repeating himself.

All these years, and all these posts and he has not provided one iota of evidence to support his levee climbs, no experts to back him.

He has failed one multiple occasions to get elected, to get others removed.

He has made claims about his trial that ended with a hung are easily refuted and have no backing from any legal experts.

It really is sad that he chooses to live out his retirement years in this way, I can't imagine being so bitter about anything in my life, and like many I have gone through trials and tribulations.

Looks like the sun is coming out, which means I can now go outside and do stuff that requires attention. Definitely glad for the rain we got.
    • 1140 posts
    December 19, 2015 11:12:31 AM PST
    So cleanup are you an expert on the construction and maintenance of levees? Do you have any education or experience that enables you to make these claims? Do you any experts that back your claims? Any documentation? Anything at all?
    • 6429 posts
    December 19, 2015 1:20:30 PM PST
    The original plan was to upgrade the YUba River South bank levee and they had developers funding that plan in return for the right to develope propertys.

However after starting the upgrade they ran into the boulders while digging the ditch for slurry wall, could not dig through the Rocks. The second part of the Yuba River levee upgrade was to construct Boulders just under the highway 70 bridge, construct Cobble stones along the water side for 400 feet to stop windwash and high water flows from eroding out the levee, and to flatten out the levee sides to a 3x1 slope, again to address erosion. However, since they could not dig through the boulders, they did not do any of the upgrades the developers paid for and after the developers found out that, they pulled out.

So, they had many many millions to move the levee off the old river beds they chose to add on to the work by moving to the Bear River , then returning to the Yuba River levee and began work from the Union Pacific RailRoad east to the Simpson Lane Road Levee area.

They constructed seepage berms on the land side , a partial slurry wall. from 2004 through 2009 when they finally in 2009 flattened the waterside of the levee.

They left the work under the highway 70 bridge , the work along the waterside east of the highway , undone and to this day, it is still undone.

Who will we blame? I would start with The Board of Supervisors in 2003, the County Administrator, the people who originated TRLIA in 2004, and the engineers who still to this day say the Yuba River South bank levee is certified, even though there is not now and never was a foundation under that levee to certify as strong enough to keep the levee stable. That was proven by expert engineer witnesses in the Paterno Law suit.
    • 4977 posts
    December 19, 2015 3:28:22 PM PST
    Anything to keep your name in public, eh cleanup?
    You have to get an authoritative civil engineer or legal entity to claim and prove the levee is unsafe.

You sure struggle with this concept of proof, don't you?
    • 6429 posts
    December 19, 2015 8:29:38 PM PST

Oh, I forgot, TRLIA also failed to do a project near the Highway 70 bridge placing cobble stones along the waterside of the YUba as Marysville did on their side, also TRLIA failed to place boulders along the levee under the bridge to protect against erosion in addition to these below , when you add all of them together, you might think someone wants the levee to fail again.The original plan was to upgrade the YUba River South bank levee and they had developers funding that plan in return for the right to develop property's.

• 4977 posts
    December 19, 2015 9:29:59 PM PST
    You can't blame anyone for anything until an expert substantiates the levee needs repairs and the current certification is a fraud.
    Why is that such a hard concept for you? It appears it is easier for you to cut and paste rather than get your ducks in a row.
    • 6429 posts
    December 19, 2015 10:47:04 PM PST

December 19, 2015 8:29:38 PM PST

Oh, I forgot, TRLIA also failed to do a project near the Highway 70 bridge placing cobble stones along the waterside of the YUba as Marysville did on their side, also TRLIA failed to place boulders along the levee under the bridge to protect against erosion in addition to these below , when you add all of them together, you might think someone wants the levee to fail again.The original plan was to upgrade the YUba River South bank levee and they had developers funding that plan in return for the right to develop property's.