Forums » Local & National Politics

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Non governing government

• 1133 posts
    October 28, 2016 10:58:24 PM PDT
    DickBoyd said:
     4. If people want to take poison, that is up to them. The Hippocratic oath that doctors swear to uphold only prohibits doctors from administering poison?
    Technically medications are poisons because they are killing something in the body at a cellurlar level, it more a matter of regulating those poisons.  Antibiotics are poisons, as is Digitalis, Botox etc.  But supposedly managed in the right manner they are "healing.
    5. The public is on its own. Politics are so powerful that the medical profession dare not take a position on tobacco for fear of retaliation by lobbyists?
    Every single doctor I have been too in my life have 100% told me not to use tobacco in any form.  Even those doctors who smoke, which I found quite ironic and a bit humorous..
    6. Doctors can say anything at any time without fear of being contradicted by their medical peers? This will never happen.  In medical research and publications the expectation is for the research and practice to be able to stand up under any rigorus examination
    • 2563 posts
    November 3, 2016 7:26:15 PM PDT
    http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/defenseandsecurity/fl/What-is-the-Government-Doing-to-Fix-Flood-Control-Levees-Nothing.htm?utm_campaign=list_usgovinfo&utm_content=20161101&utm_medium=email&utm_source=exp_nl&utm_term=list_usgovinfo

http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/678674.pdf

LEVEE SAFETY Army Corps and FEMA Have Made Little Progress in Carrying Out Required Activities

Agency officials identified resource constraints as a primary reason for their lack of progress in implementing such activities, and Corps officials said that not implementing these activities could potentially result in safety risks and federal financial risks for disaster relief, among other impacts
    • 2563 posts
    December 26, 2016 7:27:34 PM PST
    http://www.ted.com/talks/gail_reed_where_to_train_the_world_s_doctors_cuba?utm_source=31+days+of+ideas&utm_campaign=1cb95b2441-31DAYS_2016_12_24&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_09cd6c5568-1cb95b2441-294678657

• 2563 posts
    January 20, 2017 8:33:52 PM PST
    What if our health system kept us healthy?

http://www.ted.com/talks/rebecca_onie_what_if_our_healthcare_system_kept_us_healthy

http://www.ted.com/talks/j_d_vance_america_s_forgotten_working_class#t-845868 14m42s

http://www.ted.com/talks/nadine_burke_harris_how_childhood_trauma_affects_health_across_a_lifetime
    • 2563 posts
    March 20, 2017 9:14:18 PM PDT
    We can't afford to let old people get sick.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/alan_russell_on_regenerating_our_bodies
    • 2563 posts
    June 8, 2017 7:29:24 AM PDT
    Cough up. Prop 56 was a step in the right direction. Did it go far enough? I've seen reports that claim "health taxes" should be 75% of the sales price of the most expensive brand. Three times the sale price, before taxes, of the most expensive cigarettes would be collected across the board on all cigarettes. The health benefit is that people stop smoking. People don't start smoking. Opposition? Howard Jarvis Tax Association? State of Jefferson? If the taxes collect are dedicated to cancer research and to prevention of a black market is a bonus.
    • 2563 posts
    July 20, 2017 10:46:11 AM PDT

Contrary to the belief of President Trump and many others, enrollment in welfare programs like TANF is not
    A graph from the CBPP's Chart Book: TANF at 20 shows that the number of needy families supported by the program has declined sharply since 1996, though the numbers in poverty and deep poverty have increased over the same period. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
    • 2563 posts
    July 20, 2017 10:48:16 AM PDT
    https://www.thoughtco.com/who-really-receives-welfare-4126592?utm_campaign=wilat&utm_medium=email&utm_source=cn_nl&utm_content=10116640&utm_term=

A pie chart analysis by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities shows that in 2015, social safety net or welfare programs accounted for just 10 percent of federal spending.

Of the 3.7 trillion dollars the U.S. government spent that year, the largest expenditures were Social Security (24 percent), healthcare (25 percent), and defense and security (16 percent), according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (a nonpartisan research and policy institute).

Several safety net programs account for just 10 percent of that spending. Included in this percentage are Supplement Security Income (SSI), which provides cash support to the elderly and disabled poor; unemployment insurance; Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), which is what is commonly referred to as "welfare"; SNAP, or food stamps; school meals for low-income children; low-income housing assistance; child care assistance; assistance with home energy bills; and programs that provide help to abused and neglected children. In addition, programs that primarily help the middle class, namely the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit, are included within this 10 percent.

Contrary to the belief of President Trump and many others, enrollment in welfare programs like TANF is not
    A graph from the CBPP's Chart Book: TANF at 20 shows that the number of needy families supported by the program has declined sharply since 1996, though the numbers in poverty and deep poverty have increased over the same period. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities A pie chart analysis of 2015 federal spending. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
    • 2563 posts
    July 20, 2017 10:54:13 AM PDT
    DickBoyd posted an excerpt from  Nicki Lisa Cole, Ph.D. :
    = A pie chart analysis by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities shows that in 2015, social safety net or welfare programs accounted for just 10 percent of federal spending.
    My personal opinion is that the federal gorvernment should not be in the welfare business. Welfare, if any, is the responsiblity of local government. And local charity.
    Local government being city, county and state
    Local charity being family, church and community groups.
    • 6429 posts
    July 22, 2017 8:03:53 PM PDT
    Dick, for the last many years i have traveled far and wide meeting with the corps of engineers, the FBI, the state of California water officials, many different boards And the further i traveled the more the officials were corrupted stealing tax funds directed at levee safety through tricks, lies, payoffs and many other ways of falsifying funding including charging the federal governments THREE times for a project, AND not doing the project. Other tricks are like getting a project approved by the state and not doing the project but charging the feds for the three times they did not construct the levee project and getting paid by the state!

• 2563 posts
    July 23, 2017 1:41:45 PM PDT
    I agree with Cleanup regarding public funds being spent in ways that the public would not approve.
    But the public insists on electing and appointing people who write the laws. Laws that make things legal that ordinary citizens think should be illegal.
    • 6429 posts
    July 29, 2017 11:46:46 AM PDT
    All through the time line from 2004 through the present date I have contested TRLIA management in their levee " construction" at the Site of the 1986 levee event on the Yuba River South bank levee at River Mile marker 0.79 because TRLIA (RD 784 and Yuba County) have only constructed a partial, shallow slurry wall from the Highway 70 bridge at the Marysville city limits east to the edge of the break site and flattening the water side of the Levee to a 3X1 slope to the levee proper. TRLIA management states on every document they publish the Corps of Engineers certified the levee in 2007 in order to make it look as though they have done great work worthy of the US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS certification of the levee when in reality, as soon as the home office in Washington found out the member of the Corps who certified the levee at the TRLIA request did not follow the Proper certification safety rules, and the U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS Immediately told Yuba County the certification was not legal.

Recently, Engineers got the requirements to certify levees applied certification to ANY engineer and The engineer working for TRLIA certified the levees!

During all this time instead of upgrading the Broken levee and removing the Giant Boulders that local truckers dumped into the break to stop flood water , did so but in the process the boulders destroyed the FOUNDATION and it has never been repaired. No federal agency will certify that levee because their rules forbid them to. Those rules are for safety, not to just keep TRLIA and Yuba County Officials from being shown as unable to properly repair our levees that Hundreds of Millions of dollars were passed through TWO TRLIA managers, Dan Logue and Richard Webb between 2003 and 2007 with no Auditing by the State or any over looking until I reported it and they hired a CPA.

People, I ask you to through these people out of office so we can get our levees properly upgraded.
    • 1140 posts
    July 30, 2017 10:17:36 AM PDT
    Traveled far and wide cleanup? Where? Sacrememto?

Interesting how you make all these grand claims yet nothing has appeared in the news.

Your claim of no audits being done is a bunch of horse manure. As applies to all your other ridiculous claims.
    • 6429 posts
    August 7, 2017 12:33:05 PM PDT
    Yuba county officials in 2005 increased Employees almost double with no vote by the people, just supervisors over stepping their duty's just as they did when they secretly took over responsibility for levee repairs in order to get State and federal funds sent to the county for reimbursement of non existing levee upgrades.

In 2003 the levee work was to start and be completed by 2008 based on the Yuba River south bank levee being rated as deficient in seepage through and under the levee, by the Kleinfeld engineering firm but yuba county did not realize their were giant boulders dumped into the break site which blocked a slurry wall the County was constructing , on the west side of the south bank levee leaving what Kleinfelder felt was a possibility of the levee breaking again if conditions such as 1986 occurred again. The Head engineer of the Corps of engineers Colonel Ronald L. Light , PE USA Corps of engineers agreed with kleinfeld's and my statements that the Counties levee work was anemic due to non work applied by the county.

The South Bank of the Yuba River was to get upgrades but the county did not do the upgrades on the Levee between the UPRR tracks and the highway 70 bridge, but they reported to the state they completed the work.
    • 4977 posts
    August 8, 2017 10:41:30 AM PDT
    But by your own postings, Cleanup, something like 60+ legal entities disagree with you. 60 plus. This doesn't include governmental rejections of your claims.
    The levee has also performed as expected in other high water events with no issues.

Can you explain these fact?
    • 6429 posts
    August 8, 2017 1:36:01 PM PDT
    I will take time to explain to you why many Attorneys will not accept my claims, they have me "Black Balled" I still have friends in the attorney field but as they say, "If I help you, I will never work again as an attorney".

The false notion of the Yuba River Rising to an height to test the Boulders and non work done by TRLIA has not happened since 1997 when Kleinfelder Engineering stated if the Feather River Levee had not broken and relieved the pressure on the Yuba River , The Yuba River stands a chance of breaking again". Kleinfelder was paid by TRLIA to inspect the Yuba River an he advised Yuba County ( I have the report,) Of five weak places in the Yuba River that should be fixed before the next rains, the state Reclamation board permitted the work to start and TRLIA split the Levee up in five sections of work and named the sections and described the work to do in the sections but TRLIA did none of them and if the Feather River had not failed, I belief the Yuba Would have.
    • 4977 posts
    August 8, 2017 8:52:57 PM PDT
    You want me to believe that 60+ law firms conspired against you? That no out of town law firm would take the case?
    That no attorney would take on a case to make a name for themselves? (Like the attorney representing the Rastafarian church suing Yuba County?)
    There are so many questions and comments but I'll refrain.
    • 1140 posts
    August 13, 2017 6:37:29 PM PDT
    Yes 2grands that is what Ernie wants us to believe, the reality however is that no attorney will go to bat for him because their is no case. No attorney I know would waste their time if they knew they will never see any money or at least gain some fame.
    • 39 posts
    August 14, 2017 6:44:48 PM PDT
    This post has nothing to do with previous posts! However, could some one please enlighten me as to how I might find out when our city council meetings send out agendas and or topics to be addressed? I missed last meeting about the growth production concerns of our marijuana farms and would have liked to attended if I had known. How does one find out the councils topics for the meetings? Thank you so much for any suggestions.
    • 6429 posts
    August 14, 2017 7:30:26 PM PDT
    If you live in YUBA county, We have a board of supervisors instead of a city council.
    • 2563 posts
    August 15, 2017 11:11:39 PM PDT
    emerette2 said:
    This post has nothing to do with previous posts! However, could some one please enlighten me as to how I might find out when our city council meetings send out agendas and or topics to be addressed? I missed last meeting about the growth production concerns of our marijuana farms and would have liked to attended if I had known. How does one find out the councils topics for the meetings? Thank you so much for any suggestions.

Marysville City Council does not meet in August. Follow this link to navigate to procedures and agenda 

http://www.marysvillewa.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=452

http://www.marysvillewa.gov/262/Council-Meeting-Procedures

Yuba County:

http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/departments/bos/documents/agendas/

http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/departments/bos/documents/LSXAgenda/default.aspx

Navigate to the date of the next meeting.

Special meeting(s) for budget

http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/departments/bos/documents/LSXAgenda/2017/documents/08162017agenda.pdf

• 2563 posts
    October 16, 2017 3:02:46 PM PDT
    From Santa Rosa
    https://www.firerescue1.com/urban-interface/articles/333380018-The-origins-of-the-Santa-Rosa-wildfire/?NewsletterID=&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Exclusives1LeftImage&utm_campaign=FR1Member&cub_id=usr_ZCYtXjjRPOVzHB46
    comments about wildfires.