Forums » Local & National Politics

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Syrian Muslim refugees to resettle in our area

• 1133 posts
    March 22, 2017 7:48:16 PM PDT
    Not sure what "one of them" equates to. Where I grew up that term meant a cross on your lawn, or a bullet through your window, or harassment at school for being friends with "one of them". So pardon my suspiciousness when I hear the term "One of them". Personal experience and Professional knowledge of human behavior may have jaded me a little.

However I am curious why the hostility to an obvious observation. Please show me in the post 497 where a specific political party was identified. Point that out and I might be impressed. If you can't then put a cork in the pie.
    • 1526 posts
    March 23, 2017 11:18:10 AM PDT
    One of "them" is now referred to as snowflakes (where have you been....need to read more). You know, kind of spineless, go with the crowd and the yelling, etc, etc.
    • 1526 posts
    March 23, 2017 11:19:24 AM PDT
    Oh, forgot....they talk a big game, but spin out when confronted, LOL.
    • 1133 posts
    March 23, 2017 9:40:58 PM PDT
    So again the question why direct the hostility at me when I have done nothing to you and where in post 497 was a political party mentioned?

One of the benefits of being ill right now is that nothing has changed in the forum so haven't missed anything. All the topics boil down to the same posts overe and over. QW doesn't like you, you don't like her or anyone who doesn't share your views because they are "One of them" . So all the rest of us get to watch each one whip on the other and flush intellect and common decency away. If all you're going to do is call names and insult each other do it in private. The rest of us don't need to watch you guys make love to each other.
    • 1526 posts
    March 23, 2017 10:20:15 PM PDT
    Go Grab a teddy bear and get a hug.
    • 1526 posts
    March 24, 2017 9:19:37 AM PDT
    Quietpuss doesn';t like ANYONE Including herself. As a so-called pro human behavior dude?...you should know that. Be that said, believe me, people (the majority) will never again allow snowflakes to try to destroy the USA again. You and your days are numbered. Get on the train or wait for the next one, which will not be coming for years. I can tell by your posts, you and quietpuss are the same or think the same. You are now the minority. Demonstrations are quieting down fast. Trump is moving ahead with good prosperity for the USA. You are the minority along with a lot of millennials, who don't know their rear from a hole in the ground. Although many are finally coming around. Snowflake's days are over. I couldn't care less who that joke quietpuss likes or dislikes. She has some serious mental issues. Pick a side, dude. The ball is in your court. In case you haven't noticed "hostility" is the "play of the day". Keeps snowflakes at bay and on their heels. Pretty simple really, no prisoners. You need to read more.
    • 631 posts
    March 24, 2017 10:26:28 AM PDT
    Wolf, in all fairness post 497 was made by the troll and unless someone had never read any of the troll's posts one could say "in all fairness" about no political party was mentioned. The same could also be said about your question of the use of "one of them" and how you describe that as being KKK, but in all fairness your follow up posts on these subjects, "in all fairness" and "one of them", prove you are a little disingenuous. In the context of the cartoon by the person that posted, it conveyed the message “this is the Republican Party” also, “one of them”, did not mean the KKK, but you are of the progressive left persuasion.

Let’s try some honesty, you lean to the left and I lean to the right. Your first post was in defense of the troll and my post was in the context of the person that posted it. Who started the KKK and which political party supported it for almost a hundred years? Which political side is calling the other one Nazi’s and KKK, as well as other names?

Now which side is using innuendo, out and out lies, hate and other slanderous statements?

Which side is rioting, attacking people, and destroying property?

Which side has made charges of hate crimes committed against them and then had proven they lied?

Which side is denying people first amendment rights to others though anarchy?

Which side starts by calling the other side a racist or bigot if they say anything about Obama or a minority group instead of challenging the statement made about them?

You said, “All the topics boil down to the same posts over and over. QW doesn't like you, you don't like her or anyone who doesn't share your views because they are "One of them". That stamen only proves what I have said in the above is true. The troll is posting pure unadulterated hate and ies. Challenging the hate and lies by use of specific words is not the same as the hate and lies the troll is doing. You are trying to make it sound like we are discussing a disagreement about socialize medicine and If you don’t see the hate in the troll’s posts then I am sorry for you. I do not dislike anyone on this site and differing with their political views is not disliking them personally. What I dislike is the hate and lies that some use in their posts. If you want to stop the lack of civility then start by calling out the troll and not defending it. The troll is a using Saul Alinsky’s methods and you know it, so if you only speak out against those that oppose the troll, then you support the troll and those like the troll and that means you are one of them.

I await your reply and hope it is in the spirit of this post without rancor and it addresses the content and not some perceived or unstated thought.
    say "in all fairness". The same could also be said about your question of the use of "them", but from your follow up posts on these subjects, "in all fairness" and "them", your remarks about being fair is a little disingenuous.

Next, you act as though the use of "them" only refers to the KKK and totally ignore the context of what was
    • 631 posts
    March 24, 2017 10:28:31 AM PDT
    Wolf, Ignore the partial statement at the end. It was not deleted properly
    • 1862 posts
    March 24, 2017 4:04:57 PM PDT

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/17499539_1159238880872082_2858360360616732310_n.jpg?oh=e20b0b2c47f7ca6610dcf7866a16d2bd&oe=5957A662

• 1133 posts
    March 25, 2017 12:51:21 PM PDT
    dpietz said:
    Wolf, in all fairness post 497 was made by the troll and unless someone had never read any of the troll's posts one could say "in all fairness" about no political party was mentioned. The same could also be said about your question of the use of "one of them" and how you describe that as being KKK, but in all fairness your follow up posts on these subjects, "in all fairness" and "one of them", prove you are a little disingenuous. In the context of the cartoon by the person that posted, it conveyed the message “this is the Republican Party” also, “one of them”, did not mean the KKK, but you are of the progressive left persuasion. Let’s try some honesty, you lean to the left and I lean to the right. Your first post was in defense of the troll and my post was in the context of the person that posted it. Who started the KKK and which political party supported it for almost a hundred years? Which political side is calling the other one Nazi’s and KKK, as well as other names? Now which side is using innuendo, out and out lies, hate and other slanderous statements? Which side is rioting, attacking people, and destroying property? Which side has made charges of hate crimes committed against them and then had proven they lied? Which side is denying people first amendment rights to others though anarchy? Which side starts by calling the other side a racist or bigot if they say anything about Obama or a minority group instead of challenging the statement made about them? You said, “All the topics boil down to the same posts over and over. QW doesn't like you, you don't like her or anyone who doesn't share your views because they are "One of them". That stamen only proves what I have said in the above is true. The troll is posting pure unadulterated hate and ies. Challenging the hate and lies by use of specific words is not the same as the hate and lies the troll is doing. You are trying to make it sound like we are discussing a disagreement about socialize medicine and If you don’t see the hate in the troll’s posts then I am sorry for you. I do not dislike anyone on this site and differing with their political views is not disliking them personally. What I dislike is the hate and lies that some use in their posts. If you want to stop the lack of civility then start by calling out the troll and not defending it. The troll is a using Saul Alinsky’s methods and you know it, so if you only speak out against those that oppose the troll, then you support the troll and those like the troll and that means you are one of them. I await your reply and hope it is in the spirit of this post without rancor and it addresses the content and not some perceived or unstated thought. say "in all fairness". The same could also be said about your question of the use of "them", but from your follow up posts on these subjects, "in all fairness" and "them", your remarks about being fair is a little disingenuous. Next, you act as though the use of "them" only refers to the KKK and totally ignore the context of what was

Point of Clarification...I never referenced the KKK as cross burning and such tasctic are employed by other groups, White or otherwise.  The post was also directed to both sides so a genuine read of the post with no bias would have picked that up. My point was when we use the term, :One of them" the criteria of that statement sets up an oppsistion which assumes a host of assumptions about a person or group of people which are often times aimed at victimizing them. In my instance, I had black, Hispanic and Asian friends (still do) and so was considered "one of them and subject to the same vile treatment they were." It the same way with kid who grow up in a criminal family, the kids are assumed to be criminal and become "one of them" and are treated as such (and as the satistics show often times live out that expectation because no other option is presented to them).

I've never ever dicpicted the Republican or Democratic party as supporters of racism etc.  as that character defect runs through every party and it is counter productive anyway to go down that rabbit hole as political agendas change all the time.  Side by side the Republican and democratic philosophies are after the same goals, just stated in different ways. In my post, I wasn't defending QW (Notice she/he has a name) but rather making sure the playing field was reflected accuratelyas he/she appears to have become a favorite target (for whatever reason) of political ire. Instead of feeding into it, just ignore it unless your intent is to intentionally goad her/him, and if that is the case then there is no reason for name calling or complaining.

Yes, the same could be said about my posts.  The difference is I don't drag it out to incessantly non ending posts of name calling, assigning nicknames, insinuations etc.  Someone disagrees with my post, there may be some discussion but life goes on and it is never ok to attempt to stigmitize or demean anyone no matter how much we dislike them.  Again, this is for all, not just one person including myself.  The amount of ridicule which is spent on people in this forum is way over the top and is not indicitive of any political party but reflects on the people themselves.  Thus, that is where the change must take place first for things to be fixed (the rule of thumb is when we disrespect someone, we are really responding to something about us we dislike).  I do find it interesting the discussions here are all kept at a very superficial level, no one ever reflects on the emotional impacts.  Coolbreeze even degrads that by his give a hug comments, indicating while he can throw stuff at people, he can't really take it on a emotional/psychological level because it would mean a deeper level of personal examination which most people are extremely frightened of (they don't want to know the answers) and so they project, deflect and transfer outward to not go there.

Liberal leanings:

• One who is open minded or not strict in the observance of traditional, orthodox, or established forms or ways.  Yes, I am open minded to different ways of thoughts etc. but not opposed to tradition etc.
    • Believing that govt. should be active in supporting political or social change.  What else do I elect my leaders for than to engage in good leadership and to pull their weight? 
    • Support all Human Beings as inhierently entitled to be treated humanely, justly and are equally deserving as an individual to these rights simply because they are human beings.
    • Believe human beings have no right to prey upon or enact violence against one another, or in any way degrade another human being, and that violence should never be a solution or an option in interpersonal or global relations with each other.

I suppose these could be considered "Liberal" but the question I pose if if so, these are leanings every American, if not Human Being should be invested in so to be opposed to these "leanings" indicates a very dark and predatory way of life.  Doesn't mean I am always perfect or can live up to these ideals, but welcome to the human race.  That's an issue between me and whatever higher power (if any) resides over the universe.  I was born into the world alone, and exit the world alone.

• 1862 posts
    March 26, 2017 3:59:56 PM PDT

"Oh, my precious stones, we can't have Muslims around our sweet Christians, people like Trump The Dump----Adulterer, Racist, P*ssy Grabber, Serial Liar, War Monger, (and Our All-Around A-Hole)," cry Conservatives/Republicans/Right Wingnuts.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/17553465_1183976625044391_1099813561556828023_n.jpg?oh=82227a982cc1dbafd8520de13754d9db&oe=5961CA34

• 1862 posts
    April 5, 2017 2:34:37 PM PDT

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17796216_1579248568782561_2949193956252073296_n.jpg?oh=fc27d7a9b7edb4b58a15be5381980c16&oe=599317F0

• 1862 posts
    April 5, 2017 6:06:40 PM PDT

After 5-Time Draft Dodger Coward Trump winked at Assad to please his boyfriend Putin, Assad started gassing his own people again, including women and children, something President Obama had forced him to stop.

Here is a Syrian father holding his dead twin toddlers gassed by the Evil Axis Trump/Putin/Assad

Trump, you are one orange, evil creep.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/0PICpQCQweX..gJJa3mEZw--/YXBwaWQ9eW15O3E9NzU7dz02NDA7c209MTtpbD1wbGFuZQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/3c037e2c29044b25baf9f8225616f7c6.jpg

• 1862 posts
    April 6, 2017 2:46:56 PM PDT

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/17795936_1490948800998169_313811087508826064_n.png?oh=00b50e618d853be02f6eeb6b41ec9cab&oe=5994E48A

• 1862 posts
    April 18, 2017 3:36:25 PM PDT

All those Christians settling in "your" area doesn't seem to bother you, does it? People who look just like Timothy McVeigh.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18011019_1448368365183535_8424033475190575670_n.jpg?oh=7543135fe4d1e4e02322290ca75df68c&oe=59903BE5